12.4.07

laptop

for the past 2 days (or more), I've thought of nothing but laptops. that's an exagguration, somewhat, but basically I got it into my head that I needed a laptop for uni now. I couldn't focus on work or anything. now I've realised I don't, and that I am in fact an impulse buyer who likes to shop. I'll get it into my head quick as a flash that I need something and it'll take over.

sounds crazy. I realised it when writing some stuff for a boys' weekend I'm helping plan. I wrote:
money’s great! so is having stuff
the trouble is, they don’t provide ‘meaning’ for life
the more stuff you own, the more stuff owns you
...
what you have doesn’t define who you are so what’s the point?
Solomon realised you can’t take it with you when you die!

if you're reading this, read "Ecclesiastes" in the bible
(click here)
it's the 'journal' of Solomon, a king of Israel, as he searched for the meaning of life

No comments: