13.5.08

hippy type things


went to a big hippy convention last weekend. well, sort of... it was very good, don't get me wrong - but there were one or two things you just had to laugh about.

they had a fair trade stall selling t-shirts and jewelry etc, and when you think about it - that's the stupidest thing ever! sure it was all fair trade, but it was still shipped from miles and miles away so that someone who didn't really need it (I doubt people go to these conventions to do their shopping. that'd be an expensive shop) could buy it. why not just give the money away - reduce the clothing and jewelry you buy and reuse or recycle what you're wearing now!
I say that to me, mostly...
one thing I loved was one of the patches on this big tent thing they had... someone had drawn pac man and written "pac man [heart]s fair trade". what a message.

No comments: