2.12.08

unpublished material

a post I wrote a while back, but never published:

he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now...
the closing lines from the new batman film I went to see yesterday with a few friends and a couple of two-for-one vouchers...
as batman is chased off into the darkness by the cops of Gotham city, Lt. James Gordon utters the last few words of the film.

without wishing to spoil the film (especially for Gareth - happy birthday for tomorrow buddy) too much, I was left reflecting on the justice of batman, and couldn't quite bring myself to understand some of the things he did, or didn't do. I almost found myself siding with the crowds and wanting him gone - after all, he showed up the criminals in Gotham and only made things worse...

got me thinking a bit about Jesus, my hero...

No comments: