10.4.07

gameboy

whilst home for the weekend, Bozza (that's Ros, to you) gave me (back) her gameboy pocket and games. and a gameboy printer, rock on! I got well into pokemon, and played for at least 2 hours solid last night ('til 1am).

then (and this is where I raise my voice in anger), having seen charmander evolve into charmeleon, and having caught a pikachu, I got stuck in a battle that was both unwinnable and unloseable! I had a level 15 oddish, and my opponent's last pokemon was also an oddish. I'd taught mine 'poisonpowder', but that only took 1 health point from the oddish at a time, and I ran out of them. the only move we then had was one which withdrew health and healed our respective oddish. so it was a stalemate.

there's no way to run from a trainer battle, so that was it. I had to restart my gameboy, and lost 2 and a half hour's work. the worst part is, if I'd have taken the 15 minutes pressing 'a' to see what happened when I couldn't fight any more, it might have been ok... grr.

No comments: